Photo via: buzzfeed.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Today I am sharing our girl’s art / craft / homework space! The entire upstairs was originally a huge master bedroom suite and this particular space was supposed to be a master media room but of course I changed every single bit of that. Oh and I just got the CUTEST desks you have ever seen in your entire life for this room that I will share SOON!…
- Have you seen our new Vintage Floral decals? We’ve been pretty obsessed with them, so if you follow us on Instagram or have visited the website lately, chances are you’ve seen the gorgeous blooms cascading their way down the corner of our studio.But this decal pack is unique because it offers the opportunity to layer the flowers for a bouquet effect. So, we decided to give you a little 3-step tutorial to help you achieve the same look. Because who doesn’t want a bouquet that never dies?!1) ArrangePick a wall, any wall! We chose a well-lit corner for an asymmetrical design, but feel free to get creative. After you’ve landed on the portion of wall you’d like to use, arrange the blooms in the space by taping them using painters or masking tape. This allows you to rearrange your design before permanently sticking it. After one bloom is taped to the wall, choose another, layering and spacing as you wish until your design is complete.2) PeelAre you happy with your design? Can you almost imagine the bouquet’s sweet perfume? If the answer is yes, it’s time to peel the adhesive back from your decals. Keeping the bloom tacked to the wall, lift the decal so you can see the back. Starting in a corner, slowly peel the back from the decal to expose the adhesive. As you pull, stick and smooth the decal to the wall, slowly working your way to the bottom.Now peel the front paper from the flowers, exposing their true colors! Remember to remove the paper slowly.3) SmoothTaking a credit card or squeegee, smooth any bubbles out of your blooming bouquet. You’re all finished! I guess we should have added a fourth step called “Admire”, huh? We’d love to see your process photos or your finished product! Tag thesearemyurbanwalls on Instagram so we can see your take on one of our new favorites!
- When you paint a room, put some extra paint in a baby jar* and keep it handy for quick touch-ups. pinner said *I did this Aug. 2011 – dont use a baby food jar – use a peanut butter jar that has a PLASTIC lid or it will rust – that was a tip from my painter – its all stored in a cabinet in the house – just take it out and shake well and use a q-tip for quick touch ups. This has got to be one of the best things Ive ever pinned!!!!
- Fun Geometric Wall Tutorial on hertoolbelt.com Seriously this design was made with paint and Frog Tape, so easy.
- I had the pleasure of doing a My City feature on Naomi of Design Manifest while I was in Philadelphia a few weeks ago giving a seminar. Naomi and I met in New York while attending BlogFest but were…
- You can make your own raccoon head for wall decoration! Printable DIY template (PDF) contains 6 pages. Use 160-240 g/m2 colored paper. Sizes of the head – 25 cm (A4) or 35 cm (A3). I would rather recommend using A3. If you need another size of finished sculpture, just change print scale and size of paper. Check out our tutorials on youtube.com/channel/UCTO0rWB3sQv161fWv0yG79Q. More photos on www.behance.net/alisa_slonishyna and instagram.com/explore/tags/wastepaperhead. Please, dont share …
- A great gift for a wedding, shower gift, anniversary, or just because. The design is available in several options which is listed in the Size dropdown box. 1. Wood Sign 2. Canvas Wall Décor You can choose to have the established date, family members names, saying, or whatever you would like. Order process is: 1. Place order and specify in the notes section: – Monogram – Family Name – Established Date, Family Member Names, Sentiment/Saying – Lettering and Monogram Colors (if you want the colors shown in the sample, please state just like example) 2. Once order is received, a design proof will be sent to you for your review/approval 3. Upon approval the item is then handmade and shipped. Reclaimed wood is the background shown in the listing. Sawtooth hangers will be placed on the wood signs and canvas wall décor for proper wall placement. Please feel free to email us with any questions, comments, etc. copyrights 2015 Heartland Signs – …so please do not copy without written permission of artist.
- If you want a cheap, and very effective, way to organize jewelry, accordion hooks are a great choice. You just attach them to the wall and then you can use them to keep necklaces, bracelets and other jewelry items organized. They work great because they keep chains from becoming tangled and they look really nice on the wall. Plus, they are really inexpensive.
- I have been seeing these jumbo outdoor dice all over the place this summer. They look so cute and so fun for outdoor parties. We really enjoy sitting on the porch and watching the kids play in the front yard on warm summer nights and these look like they would be perfect entertainment. Plus I…Read More »
- Spray paint a canvas gold, tape down a design, then paint with another color. Cute and
- DIY: Spray paint a canvas gold, tape down a design, then paint with another color. Cute and easy.
- When I was a child, I dreamed of having starry bedroom after turning off the lights. My dream comes true when I decide to decorate my house with some lights. It is amazing to see so many stars in my room when it is dark. Are you interested in decorating your home with significant lights?[Read the Rest]